Peaceful Paws Giant Dog Placement Services
Serving PA, DE,
MD and NJ
Peaceful Paws has a simple adoption process, explained below.
You should also check out our Frequently
asked questions about the adoption process.
First, You Should Know
1. Peaceful Paws does not adopt to families with children under
10 years of age. We will occassionally make exceptions but it is
2. We rarely have puppies under 9 months of age in rescue. It happens
occassionally but it is rare.
3. We occassionally allow renters to adopt but we also know how
difficult it is to find rentals that allow giant dogs.
4. We do not accept or advocate the use of eletronic fencing. We
just can't bring ourselves to knowingly cause pain to a dog.
Now, onto the process...
- Complete an
application to adopt online. Or call email
us to have an application mailed to you.
- A volunteer will call you to talk to you about your expectations
and explain how the adoption process works.
- Should both of you wish to proceed, we'll either arrange to
visit your home first or we'll arrange for you to visit
a dog that matches your family.
- Then we'll switch that around, and either you'll visit a
dog that matches your family or we'll arrange for a dog to
visit your home.
- During this time, we're available to answer any questions you
that personality is much more important than a cute picture
on the website. Check the write-ups for information about
the dogs--look for compatibility with current animals and
family situation as well as energy level.
Peaceful Paws asks for a donation at the time of adoptionto
help defray the many expenses of running a rescue, including administrative,
medical, behavioral, general and emergency costs. In return, we
make sure the dog is spayed or neutered, heartworm tested, up to
date on vaccinations and given a clean bill of health (or disclose
any known issues). On average, we spend $350 or more on a dog in
our program. Not sure how that can be?
See a typical cost breakdown>> And then scroll down that
same page to checkout how much it costs (on average) for some issues
that are common to giant dogs.
Sign Up for Peaceful Paws e-newlsetter!
Get the latest on our spotlight dog, dogs that have been adopted, training tips and
Help defray our rescue costs--your donation will help pay for medical,
training and general care for our dogs!